DDtrac User Guide is continuously expanding the number of pages it has to explain how to use the DDtrac software. This documentation is written by our developers and by the user community — including you!
Most Popular Pages
- DDtrac Overview - an overview of the software with links to an initial tutorial to get you started.
- Instructional Goals - documentation related to instructional goals
- Group Goals - documentation related to group goals
- Social Goals - documentation related to social goals
- Behavior Goals - an introduction to tracking behaviors & triggers with DDtrac
- Data Entry - A guide to taking individual data with DDtrac
- Mobile Data - A guide to taking individual data using a small handheld mobile device
- Group Data Entry - A guide to taking group data with DDtrac
- Data Analysis - A guide to evaluating data and trends with DDtrac
- Reports - Documentation on the available DDtrac reports
- Charts - Documentation on the available DDtrac charts
- Data Exchange - A guide to importing and exporting DDtrac data
- Administer DDtrac - Instructions for managing students, users, groups and sites.
- Minimum Specifications - The system requirements for running DDtrac
- Site Map - hierarchical table of contents.
Learn by doing! - look things up on this site and then try them out! Often the hardest thing to do is to Start.
Other ways to learn
- Complete the tutorials (e.g. Getting Started).
- Read the News & Tips Blog to get information on new features and DDtrac best practices. Or better yet, subscribe to the RSS feed for the blog and get updates automatically!
- Read our information on how the DDtrac software supports RTI data collection and analysis.
- See how the DDtrac software system can be used for creation of IEP goals and objectives and IEP generation.
- If all of the above isn't working, and your attempts to Get Help have failed, please contact us with any questions!
Getting StartedThe DDtrac Software is student centered. This means to do anything in the program you need to have students, sites and users set-up first. To use DDtrac you need to follow the following steps:
- If you purchased a multi-site licence (e.g. for more than one school) your DDtrac administrator will need to define the sites where student data will be collected (See Manage Sites).
- Note: Even if you purchase a single student license or a single school license your DDtrac administrator will still need to go to Manage Sites to define the Locations for your site. These locations are the places where student behavior episodes occur (e.g. classroom, playground) and can be tailored for and site (school, home, clinic).
- Next your DDtrac administrator can add either users or students (See Manage Users and Manage Students. To do this they input the first name, last name and site where the user/student is located. The site administrator can assign users to students or students to users on the same page where they define input the user/student data.
- To take data for a student or group of students you need to define what the data is being taken for. Any user with "Edit" permission for a student can create the Instructional Goals, Social Goals, Behavior Goals or Group Goals tracked for a student or (in the case of group goals) for a group of students.
- Defining Instructional Goals: Try the Quick Edit View instructional goal creator to create new goals FAST. Then go back in later and add detail to the goals using the Edit Existing Goals.
- Once goals and objectives are defined any user with "Edit" or "Data Entry" permission for a student can log in and take data for that student (See Data Entry).
- Parents that have been granted "Read" permission for their child can also log in and see the data that has been taken, read the comments and reply to comments made by the teacher/therapist online.
If you need more help:
- Don't Panic!
- Please contact us with any questions!
Remember: DDtrac becomes more and more
valuable the more data you add to it - so get started taking data right